Club Philosophy & Ethos
Bedwell Rangers Football Club Philosophy
We will encourage and enable players and coaches to develop their football skills and knowledge within a professional and safe learning environment. All our teams will play football in a positive manner, showing respect to match officials, other players, managers/coaches and spectators at all times.
We will teach our players football with an emphasis on the playing and enjoyment of the game rather than on the importance of a victory. We cannot guarantee results as part of this development but will embrace all outcomes with positive support for our players, irrespective of their individual or collective performances.
Our club ethos is a written declaration that sets out how we want to run as a club. It’s simple and concise and can be understood by players, parents and officials.
· Provide coaching to children of all ages and abilities regardless of gender, physical ability, race, social background or financial standing in a safe and friendly environment.
· Deliver age-appropriate coaching to support long-term player development.
· Encourage all players to try their best and make the most of their abilities.
· Offer a challenging but supportive environment where children can learn from their mistakes without pressure.
· Promote good behaviour and respect for others.
· Improve the player’s core movements: Agility, Balance, Co-ordination and Speed (ABCs).
· Develop the player’s technical skills.
· Increase the player’s decision-making capabilities.
· Teach the player life skills (co-operation, teamwork, communication and friendship).
Core values of hard work, honesty & togetherness should be demonstrated at all times.
Though winning is the aim it should never be the primary objective.
No player will be turned away, regardless of age, ability or background.